Looking for cheap Public Hire Taxi Insurance? Then you've come to the right place! We have spent time researching the Public Hire Taxi Insurance market and have hundreds of satisfied customers!
Save time & money with Falcon Insurance. Call 0121 679 7265 to get a quote
You can be rest assured that we at Falcon are dedicated to finding you with the most competitively priced Cheap Taxi Insurance, Private Hire Insurance, and Hackney Cab Insurance! We can also provide other invaluable policies to give you extra peace of mind, such as; Taxi Breakdown Cover - including roadside assistance and Homestart and Taxi Driver Legal Protection, ensuring that our customers have complete peace of mind that their minibus or MPV is fully covered at the right price!
What is the difference between Public Hire and Private Hire?
Private Hire Insurance – Commonly referred to as Minicab Insurance. All pickups must Pre-booked and are usually taken at the minicab office/base.
Public Hire Insurance – Immediate Pick up. This can be flagged down in the street and will always have a taxi light on the roof of the vehicle. This can also be known as Hackney Carriage - Black cabs are public hire vehicles.
How is Private Hire and Public Hire Insurance different to standard Private Insurance?
In the UK, there is a legal requirement to hold a minimum level of insurance to use your vehicle on a public highway - commonly referred to as Private Insurance. If your going to use your minibus to carry passengers for hire and reward - will you will firstly need to be licensed by your local authority – then you will need to purchase the correct insurance – Taxi Insurance will sometimes be referred to by the following terms: Taxi Insurance, Private Hire Insurance, Public Hire Insurance, Hire and Reward Insurance, Minicab Insurance or Black Cab Insurance.
Public Hire Insurance Benefits Include:
- Claims helpline - 24 hours a day 365 days a year
- UK based call handlers
- Optional breakdown and recovery assistance, including Homestart
- Uninsured loss recovery, which includes cover for an appointed lawyer, legal costs up to £50,000.
- Optional Public Liability cover with £5 million and £10 million limits of indemnity suitable to satisfy local government requirements
- Protected no claims bonus (must have a at least 5 years taxi NCB)
- Guaranteed replacement vehicle in the event of a non-fault accident
- Flexible payment options
- Prompt documentation turnaround